BASF Vehicles Take Home Gold from SEMA 2018
What: BASF-painted vehicles awarded at SEMA 2018
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
When: October 30 – November 2, 2018
Over 70 vehicles finished in BASF’s Glasurit® and R-M® coatings were featured at the 2018 SEMA show, many of which received accolades for their high-quality finishes.
BASF-coated vehicles received the following recognitions and awards at SEMA 2018:
Accuair Top 10:
- Customs by Kilkeary – 1956 Pontiac Convertible, “Star Chief,” featuring
Glasurit 90 Line
- Square Body Syndicate – 1976 GMC Royal Sierra 15, featuring R-M Diamont
- Twin States Rod Shop – 1996 Chevrolet C3500 Dually, featuring R-M Diamont
Battle of the Builders® Top 4 Finalist: Eddie’s Rod and Customs for the 1932 Willys Aircraft Refueling Truck, featuring Admiral Blue, Moonlight Silver, and Reo Red Glasurit 90 Line colors.
Battle of the Builders® Top 12 Finalist: Roadster Shop for the 1970 Camaro, featuring Glasurit 90 Line.
Battle of the Builders® Top 40 Finalists:
- Customs by Kilkeary – 1956 Pontiac
- Goolsby Customs – 1974 Plymouth Duster, featuring Glasurit 90 Line
Best on RS: Awarded to the best Roadster-Shop-chassis–equipped build.
- First place: Goolsby Customs for the 1974 Plymouth Duster
- Second place: Greening Auto Company for the 1971 Ford Maverick, featuring Glasurit 55 Line
Chevrolet Design Award: Awarded to Roadster Shop’s 1970 Chevelle “Melba Toast,” featuring Glasurit 90 Line for unique and innovative design.
DUB Awards, presented by Amsoil:
- Best Performance Car at SEMA: Tony Arme from American Legends for the 1968 Ford Mustang, “Corrupt Mustang,” featuring Glasurit 90 Line.
- Best Truck of SEMA: Ultimate Auto for the KEG Media Ford F250 Platinum, featuring Glasurit 55 Line “Grabber Blue.”
- Ford Top Design Award: Honoring outstanding achievement in design, presented to Greening Auto Company for the 1971 Ford Maverick.
Glasurit Best Paint Award: Judged and awarded by Chip Foose of Foose Designs, honoring outstanding excellence in vehicle painting:
- Winner: Greening Auto Company for the 1971 Ford Maverick, painted by Josh Cook.
- Finalist: Ringbrothers for the 1971 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer, “Seaker,” painted by Chad Haggerty and Mike Ring, featuring Glasurit 90 Line Mercedes Benz 9792 “Brazilian Smoke.”
- Finalist: Roadster Shop for the 1971 GTO, painted by Alan Palmer, featuring 90 Line.
Goodguys Gold Award:
- Roadster Shop – 1970 Chevrolet Camaro
- Greening Auto Company – 1971 Ford Maverick
- Customs by Kilkeary – 1956 Pontiac Convertible
Gran Turismo Best Pick award: Celebrating all things automotive, Gran Turismo selects cars as the best of their breed, then the overall winner of which will be digitized in a later version of the Gran Turismo game:
- Overall Winner and Best Hot Rod: Awarded to Greening Auto Company’s 1971 Ford Maverick.
- Best Domestic: Awarded to Roadster Shop’s 1970 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Best Truck: Awarded to Classic Car Studio’s 1970 F100, featuring Glasurit 55 Line.
Mothers® Shine Award Top 10: Awarded to Greening Auto Company for the 1970 Ford Maverick.
Toyo Tires SEMA Top Build: Judged based on modifications, overall execution, and embodiment of the Toyo Tires brand lifestyle image:
- Finalist: Black Label Speed Shop for the 1935 Factory Five Hot Rod Truck, featuring R-M Diamont.
- “Best Car”: Awarded to Tony Arme for the 1968 Ford Mustang.
“It’s exhilarating to see the number of vehicles on the SEMA show floor finished in BASF coatings increase each year—to see our products as a part of these remarkable builds,” said Dan Bihlmeyer, BASF Marketing Director. “And to see our partnerships honored when the builders in the BASF family are recognized for their craft.”