BASF to demonstrate innovative solutions for automotive refinish repair and education at SEMA 2022
SOUTHFIELD, MI, October 24, 2022 – Visitors to booth #20365 at the 2022 SEMA show will learn about BASF’s educational and innovative solutions that support refinish technicians around the globe with products and services to help them work more efficiently and sustainably.
BASF will feature products from four of its paint lines – Glasurit, R-M, Limco, and the newest paint line for North America, baslac. A notable highlight will be Glasurit 100 Line, BASF’s most advanced waterborne basecoat system on the market that the company launched in 2020. Visitors to the booth will also learn more about Refinity, a cloud-based platform that houses color, business and training solutions in one single digital experience.
Located in Central Hall, BASF will showcase the latest builds from some of the industry’s most talented icons with vehicle unveils taking place on Tuesday, November 1 at 10:30 a.m.
- Goolsby Customs 1969 Dodge Van A108 – Painted with Glasurit 55 Line, the “Vantasy” features a 6.4L Mopar Performance Hemi and a one-off Roadster Shop fast track chassis
- Pfaff Motorsports 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R – the IMSA Weather Tech SportsCar Championship GTD Pro class champion of 2022 and painted with Glasurit 100 Line
- Eddie’s Rod and Custom 1963 Corvette – painted in Rogue Green featuring a custom wide body and 1000 Hp LS3 with Whipple Supercharger built by Steve Morris Engines
- Roadster Shop 1970 Chevelle – Painted with Glasurit 55 Line in a deep black and classic white that features a Roadster Shop Spec Chassis and countless subtle custom modifications that set the vehicle apart
- Girl Gang Garage 1961 Volvo – The latest all-female build by Bogi Lateiner’s Girl Gang Garage known as the “Iron Maven,” a 1961 Volvo worked on by over 100 women
Be sure to follow #basfsemacollection22 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see all SEMA builds featuring BASF finishes.
“BASF is passionate about helping body shops be successful as different facets of the industry continue to evolve,” said Joel Johnson, vice president of BASF Refinish. “The launch of solutions such as Glasurit 100 Line and Refinity mean faster repairs, more advanced color matching and less waste. We encourage everyone at the show to stop by our booth and learn more about each one.”
Other activities at BASF booth #20365
BASF Achievement Award
BASF takes the opportunity to recognize that next generation of talent going above and beyond looking for an individual who exemplifies themselves as a leader. The award will recognize the individual where their hard work, dedication and commitment to high-level standards sets them apart from others in the industry.
Glasurit Best Paint Award
Renowned designer and artist Chip Foose and three-time winner, Jonathan Goolsby from Goolsby Customs partner with the BASF team at the SEMA show to look for the vehicle that best demonstrates the brilliant color and shine that Glasurit is known for.
Operative Talent – ‘Talent for Tomorrow’ presented by BASF
Operative Talent founders (BASF, KTL Restoration and CREF) will award one SEMA attendee under the age of 25 for their hard work, aspirations, goals and efforts to make a difference in the automotive industry.
Highlights of activities for the week at the BASF booth are as follows:
Tuesday, November 1:
BASF Unveil Press Conference – 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, November 2:
Operative Talent Press Conference – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 3:
Glasurit Best Paint Award: Winner #1 – 9:30 a.m.
BASF Achievement Award – 9:30 a.m.
Operative Talent – Talent for Tomorrow Award – 3:00 p.m.
The BASF Refinish team will also be holding several Facebook live sessions throughout the week that viewers can tune into at https://www.facebook.com/basfrefinishna/.
Photo caption: Bogi Lateiner and BASF team working on Iron Maven at Girl Gang Garage